The staff of San Jose Jazz consists of a small group of individuals who believe in the importance of the arts to our community and are committed to the vitality of the art form of jazz. Join us!
Below are our current employment opportunities.
Summer Fest 2018 Marketing Interns
Internships are available to work on SJZ Summer Fest. The Fest is an intense and rewarding experience that will allow you to gain real-world experience in marketing, community engagement, education, and music production–while gaining college credit. Requirements and duties vary, and are tailored to satisfy the interests and goals of our interns. Internships available for Summer Fest 2018 are Community Outreach, General Marketing and Social Media. To apply, contact Marketing Assistant Kelly Quinlan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply a résumé of past experience and a short statement of interest in the position.
Progressions Program Music Intern
SJZ’s Progressions program empowers families and communities through music education and performance.
Are you a music education student who is passionate about music and its unique ability to transform lives and communities? If the answer is “yes,” you may apply to join the San Jose Jazz Progressions education team for the 2017-18 academic year. Our mission? To keep participants in school, out of gangs, and to develop their music skills along the way.
We currently seek a responsible and self-directed Music Intern to support the Progressions brass and woodwinds program at our school sites in the Franklin-McKinley School District.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality music instruction in small groups to beginning and intermediate band students (clarinet, flute, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, baritone, French horn) Deliver high-quality keyboard instruction to beginning students
- Provide one-on-one support to students as needed
- Ensure the smooth flow of daily programming • Act as role model and advisor to students
- Maintain a positive classroom culture
- Currently enrolled as a music education undergraduate (or graduate) student
- Interest in pursuing music education as a career
- Experience assisting beginning students with proper instrumental technique
- Interest in working with youth from low-income backgrounds
- Punctual and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills and a patient demeanor
- Willingness to work collaboratively with others
- 6-12 hours per week during the school year (2-4 days per week, days/times TBD)
- Some Saturday mornings, weekends and evenings Internship
- $410 per month
- January 2018
To apply: Submit a resume, accompanied by a cover letter stating why you are a good candidate, to email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering for San Jose Jazz, please visit our Volunteer page.